ber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 690+ cities worldwide, including over 140+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
UberEATS delivers the best of your city right when you want it and is present in over 200+ cities worldwide, including over 80+ cities and towns in EMEA. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you’ve always wanted to try. It’s the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy!
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber’s newest services, Uber Eats. This is a critical role as it interfaces with Eats delivery partners to optimize the food delivery process – and whatever else Uber may deliver in the future. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving skills, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships. This is a rigorous business side role in a high growth environment, and you will work with the Eats operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the Uber Eats business and meaningful ownership over the driver leg or restaurant leg of the marketplace.
What you’ll do
- Develop and optimize processes, scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Optimize delivery times, earnings, restaurant satisfaction with delivery partners, and eater (recipient) satisfaction with delivery partners; help make our delivery partners as efficient and effectively as possible
- Market management: You have an eye for the macro view of our market – you know how far it’s profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, what parts of town are missing access to cuisines, the next part of the city we should be expanding into (and how many restaurants we’ll need to have coverage there)
- Strategy: Select which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Product improvement: Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless delivery partner and customer experience
- Process scaling: Courier growth and scaling in such a way that your processes fuel, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth, building compliance structures to mitigate any risks etc.
- Be resourceful and take initiative
- Take ownership of Uber Eats in your city and do everything you can to enhance the quality of our services
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, analytics, or a variety of other specialty roles with demonstrated ability in quantitative fields
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Excellent data skills – knowledge of SQL, or mathematical / engineering background to pick it up quickly.
- A data-driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your analysis up with deep analytical thinking
- A willingness to be “on the ground” working with our drivers
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Excellent understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage